Other Argyle Dollhaus Locations

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Unscrupulous

Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2)Unscrupulous by Avery Aster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First I would like to say that I am truly grateful for receiving an ARC.
Thanks Avery Aster <3
I really enjoyed this novel! It had me laughing, frustrated, swooning through out the entire novel!!
First and for most the sex scenes in this novel were INTENSE!!!!! Avery is one daring author!! But I loved it because it was real and believable! I don't take shame in saying that the sex scenes were very enjoyable and it was well written! :)

Something that I didn't like as much was I thought it took a while for the two main characters to meet. I just wanted to read Warner and Taddy's love story and connection. It wasn't until later in the novel that they finally met and the spark was evident between them. They were so sexy together that I swooned continuously. When they met for the second time I was a bit frustrated with Taddy because she didn't want to open up to Warner and disrespected him. The poor guy wanted to love her and all she wanted was to get abused. I wanted to slap some sense into her because Warner was the one she has been waiting for.

After she finally realized that Warner was there to stay she finally opened up to him. It made me happy to read that Taddy finally gave in to love. It showed that she had gone though a 'come to Jesus,' moment and it made me smile.

I thought the back stories to each character were really great. I felt bad about how Taddy's parents gave her up and how her mother disowned her. Very tragic. And in the end wanting her back in her life only to use Taddy for her money. As for Warner, I have a ton of respect for him because even a after all the women who used him for his money and body he still remained humble and hopeful. He didn't close himself away from other women. For once he wasn't the tortured billionaire and instead he was very loving. I thought it was sad how he lost his wife and despite how they met they still had a very adorable and strong relationship with one another even with the fact that they were years apart.

Overall, I definitely recommend this novel to those who are in need of a erotic novel with spunk. Warner and Taddy are characters that I won't forget. They were unique compared to all the other erotic/romance novels I have read. With each book I read all the characters find a place in my heart and Warner and Taddy finding their place with the rest of them.

View all my reviews