Other Argyle Dollhaus Locations

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Steam up the Holidays!



My rating:  4 Spankings!

First of all I am truly grateful that I was granted a ARC in trade for an honest review.

Play with Me:
Kali and Damion were the cutest couple ever! I loved how for once the female protagonist didn't run away from love and instead embraced it no matter the circumstances. Even though she has dated very similar guys to Damion she still didn't give up on the love she had for him. It was even sweeter when Damion protected Kali when her ex did an expected visit. The interactions between Kali and Damion had were beautiful; Lisa did a wonderful job in making believable characters. The writing was fluid that it had a good flow to the motion of the story. Every part of the story connected perfectly. The best part though was the happily ever after in the end. Brought a tear to my eye.

Snowfall:
This was a cute little story. I honestly was hesitant about reading this after reading the previous story. Once I began reading it though, I couldn't put it down. The story had a real life feel to it(if that makes any sense), I felt like the scenarios could actually occur in real life.

Jenny met a guy online and quickly their kind and sweet chats turned into teasing and sensual chats. I've gone through that myself so I totally understood how Jenny felt when she spoke to 'C' and how much fun it could be to flirt with someone online. So while Jenny is growing deep feelings for 'C' she is also beginning to feel something for her OT named Evan. Jenny was slowly becoming blind and Evan was helping her in the transitioning, but whenever they were together there was this tension between them. They teased each other about kissing and I found myself screaming, "Just kiss already!!" But of course, they kissed and more. ;)

While I was reading there was this point of the story when Jenny realizes that she is in love with Evan and she has an epiphany. She mentioned, "willing to love him is also willing to lose him and to grieve over him," and it hit me like a slap to the face. The thing I dread the most when I love someone is to lose them. It's the part of love that people just don't want to deal with, but the thing is that we cannot have one without the other. It's a fact that we must all face at some point in our lives.

Towards the end, things begin to unravel and we find out who 'C' really is. And of course we are treated with the happily ever after!

After Midnight:
This too was a good read. This story was different from most stories I have read before. This time the guy who would be considered rich was being trailed for embezzlement from his own charity. If he was found guilty then there would be jail time. Being in that kind of situation he obviously wasn't ready to have a girlfriend, but all that changed when he met Nora on new years eve at a party. They hit it off immediately but Miles was too caught up with the thought of him being guilty so he takes off and not once asking for Nora's name or number. Later down the road they reunite once again and this time they need to figure out if they are meant to be.

I thought it was interesting to see how Miles grew through out the pages. I loved how in the end it resulted to the idea of trusting our own voice, and not letting other people in our past dictate our future. Great message to a great story.


All in all, this definitely heated up my holidays and I suggest reading it. Your holidays will be so steamy that it will have you taking a cold shower from how hot this bundle is!!!