Other Argyle Dollhaus Locations

Friday, July 11, 2014

The Boyz That Won A Doll's Heart

Hello Everyone!!!! Before I begin my post, I first want to say thank you to b00k r3vi3ws for giving me the opportunity to gush over my favorite books and author!!! Now without further a due, Let's get to the gushing!!! :)











                                                           



I was never the type of reader that would re-read a book twice despite who the author was. I would just move along to the next book in line. Shocking, I know! But that all changed when I met this author and read his books (and re-read)..
I was extremely fortunate to have met him over at Book Blogs. He had messaged me wondering if I would review his debut novel, Concurrent Relationships. Without hesitation, I agreed. Since then, Lee DeBourg has become one of my favorite authors. I fell in love with his debut for the fact that it was literature that was different from what I had been currently reading. It refreshed my book palette. I truly admired that it was in Male POV. Frank Avery wasn't the typical billionaire, jock, or Dom and that appealed to me the most. He was just this simple hardworking man trying to find true love. Maybe not in the right places, but sometimes in life one must kiss a lot of frogs before finding the prince, or in this case a princess. 






With that being said, I'd love to share an excerpt that I always get a kick out of reading. 

*********WARNING: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!*********

After reading and reviewing Concurrent Relationships, I was hoping Lee had more books to come. To assure me, he had mentioned that he already had a second novel in the works. To say that I was excited was an understatement. 




Fast forwarding to a couple months and finally reading Lee's second novel, I found myself lost in the words. If I thought Concurrent Relationships was a great book, I was proved totally wrong. Young Only Once was so fantastic that I found myself eyeing the cover just to make sure it was in fact written by Lee. Lol! I was impressed. Romance at a dysfunctional ski resort. How could that not scream pure drama and entertaining? I loved the characters and how they interacted with one another, but especially loved a certain bond between a 'Delicate Flower' and Hank. It was truly a roller coaster ride from page one all through to the last word, I was was hooked. 


As a mentioned a few sentences back, I truly adored the connection between a 'Delicate Flower' and hank. I found just the right snippet to share to further prove my point. ;)
In the excerpt, Hank is wondering if he could help Sue Ellen in her romance novel she is basing off the Snow Resort:





On that note, Thank you Lee for creating such great works of art and keeping this doll entertain for hours on end. Out of those hours I have earned myself two really great book boyfriends! ;) And a thank you to book blogs because without them I wouldn't have met this great guy and boyz :) 

To those who are reading this, I HIGHLY recommend getting your copies! 


Purchase Links:
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1m1dymt
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1q4qOz2


XOXOX,

Argyle Doll